At Fertin Pharma, we believe that nicotine replacement therapy is a vital component in the battle against what the WHO calls the global tobacco epidemic.
Our solid understanding of nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) and market dynamics allows us to advise our partners into choosing the best possible solution for their NRT offering, ultimately benefiting the more than one billion tobacco users worldwide.
NRT (nicotine replacement therapy) is the primary therapy for smoking cessation. NRT products reduce nicotine cravings and the impact of nicotine withdrawal symptoms by delivering low doses of nicotine without any of the carcinogens or toxic gases found in cigarette smoke. This method has been shown to be safe and effective in helping people reduce or stop smoking. Compared to unaided quitting, NRT increases the likelihood of quitting successfully by 50-70% according to a Cochrane review [Reference]. NRT is supported by the WHO and recommended by doctors across the globe.
- 16 billion cigarettes are consumed daily (2 per global capita)
- More than 1 billion tobacco users worldwide
- Causes illnesses like Cardiovascular disease, Cancer, and respiratory disease
- Accounts for one tenth of all deaths worldwide and one fatality every six seconds
- One sixth of tobacco related deaths are non-smokers
[Reference: Stead LF, Perera R, Bullen C,Mant D, Hartmann-Boyce J, Cahill K, Lancaster T. Nicotine replacement therapy for smoking cessation. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2012, Issue 11. Art. No.: CD000146. DOI]